Systematic reviews use transparent and replicable methods to locate, evaluate and synthesize all research relevant to a particular question. They are most commonly found in health, medicine and psychology. Therefore, this workshop will focus on developing a search strategy for identifying literature from these disciplines.
This workshop will cover:
- What is a systematic review?
- Key features of the systematic review process
- Identifying appropriate databases, keywords and subject headings (e.g. MeSH)
- Planning a search using the PICO and SPICE frameworks
- Building an effective search strategy
- Search techniques including truncation, wildcards and proximity operators
- Translating searches across different databases
Book your place at: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/search-strategies-for-systematic-reviews-tickets-32400454632
Max. no. of attendees: 10